Returning to work after my third miscarriage

I finally had to return to work after a long break. I realised that my bosses had not informed my colleagues that my pregnancy had failed because initially I had told them to keep my pregnancy to themselves. I discovered the boo boo when an ex colleague messaged me to congratulate me on my pregnancy. I told her it was gone and she told me the staff probably didn't know.

That night before I returned to work, I wrote an email to all staff explaining my situation and also to ask for any solutions if they had heard of cases like mine. I had to come up with a purpose for emailing them. 

The next day, only one colleague who had not checked mail, congratulated me. I explained to her and I felt so sorry for her for looking so sorry. 

Some colleagues were very nice. They shared with me stories and also recommended some TCM physicians. One colleague even bought a double boiled pot for me and left it on my table. I was pleasantly surprised and touched because my colleagues treated me better than my closest friends and family members who chose that pretending nothing had happened was a good way of comforting me.

I had asked for 6 months break from work before I got pregnant for the third time. My boss was initially unhappy with me for still trying to conceive since I had applied for long leave. Why not conceive while on leave? I did not know I would be stuck with this mess again. I had listened to Prof PC Wong that this time it would be different but ironically, he wasn't even there to fight this battle with me. I had wanted to resign but my boss told me she would save a place for me and told me to take a break instead.

After returning to work for a week, it was time for my long leave. I really needed this break to heal my body physically and emotionally. If I had stayed on, I would have spiraled into depression. I would not have picked myself up and even started a blog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TCM Physician Tan Siew Buoy 陈秋梅 - What is she like?

TCM Physician Tan Lee Kee of Ying Chuan Chinese Medical Hall in Jurong

The cold wind blows