TCM Physician Tan Siew Buoy 陈秋梅 - What is she like?

I saw many visitors on Dr Tan's posts. In fact, it is my most popular post. I shall do a detailed post of what a visit to her clinic is and I hope that this would benefit you if you are considering to consult her.

First of all, the address in Chinatown -

Health and Beauty Pte Ltd 康得美

38 Upper Cross Street, Singapore 058341, Singapore
6534 4137

Two days ago, I received a call from her clinic. They would always do a reminder before the appointment. I went to Chinatown and managed to find a lot. Her clinic is situated within a large Chinese Medical Hall called Health and Beauty - Kang De Mei. I tore out a coupon of an hour as the car park attendant is rather active in that area. I will always park along Mosque Street. I walked along the row of shops and reported to the receptionist. The lady would ask for my number (every patient has a number) and write my name on a piece of paper. She would then place the paper according to the sequence of appointed time with the other papers. When it was almost my turn, she would return this paper to me and informed me that I would be after this certain patient.

Lady: There is still an hour to go before your turn.
Me: Okay

An hour is the average waiting time. Very rarely it would be 20 minutes. The wonderful practice by the clinic was that they encouraged patients to go shopping and it would not affect your position in the queue. I went shopping and managed to buy a pair of shoes. I also went to buy pregnancy test kit at Watsons. I was disappointed because there was no discount. My period hasn't arrived but I suspected it was a case of extremely late ovulation. I went to the public toilet to take the test and it came back as negative. I wasn't very surprised. 

55 minutes later, I was back at the clinic. The lady notified me that I would be after this patient.  I waited 15 minutes for my turn.  I went in and greeted Dr Tan. She would reach for my stack of information, including all my western medical reports. Nowadays, her first question would be, "Any good news for me?" I replied no and showed her my BBT chart.

Every morning, I have to take my BBT the first thing I wake up and record my temperature. I find it very irritating because it affects my mood. I would feel disappointed if my temperature hasn't stayed up. Temperatures are supposed to be higher after ovulation. Based on the BBT graph, she would circle the ovulation date and advised accordingly. Sometimes, she would advise when to have intercourse. Other times, she would advise when to take the pregnancy tests again. She referred to my medical records and commented that I am the miscarriage one and had spent a lot of money on the tests and she would do her best to get me pregnant successfully. 

After the graph presentation, she would start her routine questioning. 
How's the blood flow of the previous period? Any clots? Was the blood fresh?
How's your sleep?
How's your appetite?
Do you wake up to urinate in the middle of the night?
Do you pass motion every day?
Do you feel thirsty most of the time?
Do you feel tired most of the time?
Do you feel bloated?
Do you have headaches?
Stick out your tongue

During this questioning, she would be writing furiously and she HATES to be interrupted. Interruption means answering or providing elaboration other than yes or no.  After the QnA, she takes my pulse. Unlike the other two physicians I have seen earlier, she doesn't make any comments about the pulse. She would record it. Then she proceeds to write the prescription. During this writing, she HATES interruption. I told her quickly that I still have asthma and she would include some extra medication. Sometimes, she would initiate small talk like holidays or work. She wears an encouraging smile on her face. 

After completing the prescription, she would issue me the date of the next appointment. I would take the prescription and passed to the men in charge of packing the herbs. I would then pay up at the cashier and wait for my herbs. I reached the clinic at 5pm and I left at 7.30pm. 

What I have described is pretty much the routine every month. 

I purchased an electric herbal pot from the clinic. It would sound an alarm when the medicine has completed brewing. I find this very convenient. It costs around a hundred. Important tip - Every concoction has to be brewed twice. Before brewing the second time, the pot has to be cooled down. I spoiled two pots because of failure to cool it. Both cracked.

I like her prescription as compared to the previous two because I do not need to brew everyday. I brewed once which would be sufficient for two days. I would have to rest and not drink medicine for another two days before brewing again. I found this routine sustainable in the long run. Her medicine was yucky too but still bearable.

Although I am still not pregnant, I like to see her because I see an improvement in my PMS as mentioned in my previous posts. Anyway, I attributed my failure to get pregnant to my irritating asthma which is a lot better nowadays.

I hope this post would be useful to those who are thinking of seeing her. Lastly, sometimes she speaks very loudly so there is hardly any room for privacy. Her consultation room door is opened and the entrance is very near to a queue of bored patients seated down. 










Comments

  1. Hi hi I heard about Kang De Mei and saw your blog entry. Like to know the charges and how often do we need to see the doctor? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Valerie,
    I see her around once a month. Her medication would last till the next visit. I hope this blog has helped you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Valerie, I am charged between 80 to 90 dollars per visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting about your visit, it made me understand more as yday was my first visit and i still felt quite lost about her procedure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear anonymous, yah I felt very lost too! Update me of your condition

    ReplyDelete
  6. i had been a few times.. her medicine was good. so far have u manage to get pregnant?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Anonymous, Noooooo, I am not pregnant leh. I have seen her for one year and 3 months. Sometimes, I do wonder should I change doc.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hello I want to say a big thank you to all of the baby center members on this platform. God directed me to this great herbalist, it was a dream come true indeed words are not enough to say thank you DR.OSAGIE i am indeed grateful and i recommend this herbal doctor to women out there having same problem or of any kind. trust me it is all going to be fine because there is God and once you believe and have faith anything can be possible. God has helped me through this great herbalist doctor and he can also do it for you..he can help you if you are findings it difficult to conceive or you may have any of this problem like FIBROID, OVARIAN CYST, BLOCKED TUBES, ENDOMETRIOSIS , INFECTIONS ,CANCER, HIV and so on.
    Have a nice day everyone contact Dr. Osagie the great , today and also be a testifier like me. God bless you all.
    Contact info: DROSAGIE99@GMAIL.COM or yo can send a message on WhatsApp to his personal line +8618292509956. His herbs is fast, effective.
    thank you all..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Healwell24 is the best Online Doctor Consultation using Healwell24 you can consult best doctor online through video, audio and text.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TCM Physician Tan Lee Kee of Ying Chuan Chinese Medical Hall in Jurong

The cold wind blows