Positive Confession

Finally, I have the inspiration to blog.

I once told you that it is seldom good news when I blog because the weight in my heart is usually the driving force behind my writing. This entry is neither good nor bad, just something strange that has happened to me recently.

A friend commented to me that the worries that I articulated usually came through and he said that there is a saying among his people that people like me has a salty mouth. At that moment, I thought the hokkien word "suay mouth" floated into my brains. So all along, this friend has a tendency to stop me from saying "what if...". He will say, "don't say.."

So I decided to ask him what I should do. He stopped eating and pondered for a while before speaking, "Then you should say aloud ONLY positive things." I said okay and we started practising saying positive things aloud. For example, if my heart is worried that I cannot finish my work on time because of all the constraints, I should not say "Oh no, what if I cannot finish? What should we do if we cannot finish?" He said that I should say ALOUD, "Today, I shall be able to finish all my work smoothly!"

We did that and we really finished the work on time despite earlier worries.

After this strange encounter, I became very aware of what I am saying. What if I really have the power to change the outcome? Silly as it sounds, I shall just tell God silently my worries but confessed loudly the positive outcomes that I wanted. This is very biblical because the bible says that the power of life and death lies in the tongue.

Dear God, I am dreading the new week ahead because I need to present to three groups of people and also face the music. I had such a tiring and unpleasant week. Please lift up my spirits and I give you my worries.

(I just confessed aloud "The week will be smooth! My boss will not scold me and we will reconcile.)

There are days whereby I just want to soak in an atmosphere of murky grey, peppered with sappy songs and tonight is such a night. Enjoy the poem ...

The laughter that echoes in my mind
Warms my heart, driving out the cold
The dreams and wishes that I buried
Come alive, wanting me be bold

The liquid eyes that I stare into
Swallow mine, drowning out the fears
The thoughts that I can hear so often
Mirror mine, shocking me to tears

The reflection of me I see in you
Floods my mind, confusing my core
The words that tame my rebellious streak
Calms the storms, wishing to be more

The invisible lines that are taut
Drawn by fate, wishing to be cut
The distance that narrows by the day
Sways my feet, steeling to stay put

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TCM Physician Tan Lee Kee of Ying Chuan Chinese Medical Hall in Jurong

TCM Physician Tan Siew Buoy 陈秋梅 - What is she like?

The cold wind blows