The Power of Affirmations and Visualisation

I have just gotten back from two short trips back to back and felt so refreshed! For the first trip, I went back to Sentosa and had such a fun and relaxing time with my husband. We stayed in Siloso Resort and the environment is soooo perfect for a romantic romp under the sheets. Everyday, we swam, relaxed, ate nice meals. It happened to be during my ovulation period and I am trying my utmost best not to stress myself by wanting to get pregnant - so I am going to practise affirming myself and visualise positive things.

Affirming myself aloud ... 

My ovaries are healthy. I do not have PCO. My ovaries are releasing an egg every month. I WILL become pregnant when the environment is conducive. (I watched LUCY the movie and I was so awe struck by what the professor said - when the environment in living things is conducive, the cells multiply and living things start to reproduce offsprings to pass on the information in the form of DNA. When the environment is not conducive, the cells in your body fight for survival instead of multiplying healthily)

Each stage of my journey is a step closer to having a perfect healthy baby! I love myself and I can walk out from my past and memories that are holding me back from a healthy conception. I feel good!

Now, it is your turn to try to affirm yourself and snap out of the vicious cycle of negative thoughts.

Visualisation
When I googled "Visualisation", many links popped up! Some are just too complicated to understand. I found one which is written in simple English. http://www.wikihow.com/Visualize According to what I have read from different sources, affirmations and visualisations are very important in helping us to stay sane.

Affirmations and Visualisations go hand in hand and I believe they are biblical because there are bible verses that support the basic foundations of affirming ourselves aloud and visualise positive images.

Day 1 to Day 5 of cycle
Affirm - Say all the positive statements that are related to a fresh start. E.g. I feel great about my body and it is a fresh beginning and another month to be healthier!

Day 6 to Day 13 of cycle
Affirm - Say anything that is related to healthy follicular growth and a conducive environment to grow the follicle. I will try it myself e.g. My body is able to produce and develop fully matured follicles. My lining is just the perfect thickness and will nourish the baby that is coming. I enjoy making love with my husband.
 
Visualise - Visualise images in your mind the entire process about the healthy follicle and the healthy egg that is preparing to burst out to meet the healthy sperm

Day 14 - Ovulation

Affirm - Say anything that is related to a healthy release of a fully matured egg. E.g., My ovaries are healthy and a perfectly and wonderfully made egg is released.

Visualise - Imagine the ovulation happening in your body. Read up on the process of ovulation and visualise the process of ovulation without obstruction in your mind.

Day 15 to Day 27 of cycle
Affirm - Say anything that proclaims courage and power. Since now as I am writing this, I am at this stage of the cycle, I will say " I am brave and with Christ, all things are possible. For Christ has not given me a spirit go timidity but of power and courage. My heart is strong. I am calm.

Visualise - Do you suffer from PMS? Imagine your PMS saying goodbye to you as you feel free and healthy. I suffer from lower backache and swollen breasts. I shall imagine my ache to leave my body and I feel good.

What happens after Day 27? You either find out you are not pregnant or you are pregnant. If you are pregnant and have previous scary experiences, DO NOT LET FEAR CONTROL YOU. Visualise in your mind that you are holding your healthy baby in your arms. Have HOPE.

The Days of the cycle are stated assuming that you have a perfect 28 day cycle. If you are like me who is battling with long cycles, you might need some smartphone app. I am using this fantastic app called "Fertility Friend". I have recommended to my friends and they are amazed with the accuracy.
http://www.fertilityfriend.com

All the best to all my baby making friends out there!





Comments

  1. Yes I must hold on to Hope and to stay positive. I am trying very hard. I like it when you said do not let fear control you. I think I am too fearful and causing myself stress. Whenever I take BBT, I will stop on cd 20 onwards. I am so afraid my temp will fall that it is disrupting my sleep. I have to learn to be brave. I can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book that I was reading says the moment we obsess over the negatives, we should channel our obsessive energies into powerful visualisations of the positive results. And it needs to be said aloud!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TCM Physician Tan Lee Kee of Ying Chuan Chinese Medical Hall in Jurong

TCM Physician Tan Siew Buoy 陈秋梅 - What is she like?

The cold wind blows